After I have learned about these two topics of Social Media Marketing (SMM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO), I found that Social Media Marketing is more powerful and it is several times better than Search Engine Optimization.
Of course I’m not mean that we should totally ignore SEO and only focus on Social Media. Search Engine Optimization is more technical but it’s always good in keywords research, keywords targeting and attract free traffics for our website/blog. For long term advantages, we really need to look into it seriously and can’t ignore it’s importance.
Social Media on the other hand is very powerful and here’s some of my reasons:
1) Get indexed within 24 hours – Your brand new website/blog will get indexed by Google within 24 hours by using social media. See my posts:
- Power of Social Bookmarking – My Babymoon Travelling Information Guides
- Just A Casual Blogging
If you only focus on SEO and the new website may need to get up to 4 weeks or longer time to get indexed by Google.
2) Networking – I like networking and enjoy the online atmosphere. We can share ideas and goals with each others and people will also get to know you more personally. It gathers like minded people together in a community and we grow by learning from others ideas.
3) It’s kind of Viral Marketing – You can get very up to date information through social media. Twitter is a mini blogging that gives very updated information and once you put your information on to social media, it is shot to websites all over the world.
4) Broadcast – All you need to do is just to do a broadcast on all your social media sites and all your networks friends get the information you are trying to deliver. It’s a very easy way to drive traffic and without any spamming.
5) Branding – The last thing I love is social media helps in the branding. Branding is important in Internet Marketing and you don’t need to be the professional in your niche but you should be the authority in your niche. Social media is a great tool for branding.